This year, the senior production students were required to post their movies to YouTube and to embed them in their blogs. For their videos, they’ve primarily used digital photos with a musical background and turned it into a movie with iPhoto (Photo Story on a PC).
Yesterday, we had a teacher want to video their presentation so that students at a conference could view it. We used a Flip camera to record the presentation. However, I ran into problems trying to upload the video to YouTube. Of course, it was too long. I used Movie Maker to split the file into 3 different files. Since the upload was not working, I used QuickMediaConverter to convert the files from the native avi format into mpeg4 format. Even though this is a time consuming process, it is a valuable tool for this situation.