What will the world be like when
- a current sophomore turns 20 (5 years from now)?
- How about when a 5th grader turns 20?
- Or when a kindergartner turns 20?
- Or in 20 years when that newborn baby turns 20?
What key skills will be needed in this future world?
What are the key factors for success in this future world?
Digital natives (ages 11 to 30) want
- personalized learning
- quick access — all of the time
- to be networked
- to learn collaboratively
- to learn thru creativity and/or play
- Proficient in reading, writing, and arithmetic
- Problem solver
- Communicator – Effective
- Essential Skills for 21st Century Workplace Webcast
Creative work is becoming the need as routine work is either being done by machine or being outsourced to low-wage workers.
Teaching the 21st century learner
- utilize problems and questions to motivate learning
- use multimedia
- be less helpful
- encourage student intuition
- ask the shortest question possible
- let students build the problem
Notes from webinar by Bernie Trilling as part of the P21 CyberSummit (#p21cs)