(click above link to access guide and videos)
Gmail is browser based. Thus, users need to know how the browser of their choice works in regards to tabs and windows.
- Login ID is email address — userID@usd115.org
USD 115 on Google —
- Login ID is userID – first initial and last name
- Click on message author or subject.
- Unread messages are in bold. Messages you’ve already read are in normal type.
Reply All / Forward / Print
Delete / Archive
When you’re positive you won’t need a message, use the Delete button to send it to Trash. Deleted messages and conversations are permanently removed from Gmail 30 days after you send them to Trash. Deleting unimportant mail is a great way to free up some of your storage, but with Gmail’s free storage, you can probably keep those messages, too! If it’s possible that you’ll need a message or conversation in the future, we recommend using the Archive feature.
Archived mail moves out of your inbox and in to All Mail — you won’t be bothered with extra messages cluttering your inbox, but you’ll still be able to find a message if you need it six years from now!
Click on Compose Mail
TO — ?
Names will not automatically appear as you type them until AFTER you have sent one message to that person. You can SEARCH for them.
- Click on TO
- Type in first part of name
- Select contact and click DONE
- Enter subject (very important to people receiving TONS of email)
- Click on paperclip to attach file
- Enter content
- Click Send (or Save Now when interrupted)
- Look for GEAR icon in upper right corner
- Click on GEAR to pull down the menu options
General Mail Settings
- Auto Advance
- Conversation View
- Auto Advance
- Default Reply to All
Filtering Mail (helps configure Priority Inbox)
- Select messages to mark as important or unimportant
- Click Next Step
- Select the filter you want to apply
- Docs — Language
- Calendar — Time Zone
- Appear at the bottom of a message.
- If one clicks VIEW, the file is opened in Google Documents.
- To print, save or download, simply pull down the File menu and select the desired option.
- Click on Calendar in upper left corner